Thursday 5 September 2013

Sunflower butter chocolate no-bake crunch bars



I have been craving something sweet with the pregnancy. Problem is I can't put my finger on it as to what I have been craving! I appealed to my local Facebook moms group for suggestions and was overjoyed to have a variation of this recipe shared with me. I used this recipe as a place to start. I think the hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to cool so you can cut and eat them.
I forgot to take a picture of these before we ate them at, pregnancy cravings at their worst!


Sunflower butter chocolate no bake crunch bars.

1 cup sunflower butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cups dark chocolate (I used a chopped up chocolate bar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt the sunflower butter, coconut oil and honey together in a large bowl stirring once half way through (My microwave which is a weak one took 3 minutes)
Whisk in Cocoa, stir in chocolate and vanilla and microwave until chocolate is melted. (I only did 40 seconds)
Stir in oats and crisp rice cereal and continue stirring until evenly coated
Pour into a greased 9×13 pan (I used a tupperware with a lid) and cool in the fridge. If you’d like thicker bars, you can pour the mixture into a smaller pan.
When the mixture is hardened, cut into bars and eat. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment