Sunday 29 September 2013

Blueberry Waffles, eggless, dairy free

I was dreaming about making brunch last night, I woke up and was so disappointed that my dream wasn't real. So I came down poured myself a cup of coffee and started making waffles, in the past I have tried making them from other recipes but they always left me disappointed and not quite what I was looking for. This time I used the little bit of knowledge I have about baking to create my own recipe, it seems to work well. I may change it over time to make it better but it is a REALLY good start



3 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp water
2 c unbleached white flour
1 cup pastry flour

1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups almond milk
1/4 oil
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries

In small bowl whisk together first three ingredients.
In another small bowl cream oil, sugar, vanilla, Add milk and stir again
Mix two flours and add all the wet ingredients, stir well, depending on your humidity level you may need to add more flour or more milk.
Place in a preheated oiled waffle maker and cook until golden, mine takes 6 minutes with the heat at 3/4 high.

No comments:

Post a Comment